Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pumpkin Cauldrons

I've had my eye on these pumpkin serving bowls from Crate & Barrel, but I'm not sure if now is the right time to buy.

Maybe instead I could make my own version (found at Brooklyn Limestone).  (I could serve this weekend's soup in a pumpkin!)


Her directions to make your own "pumpkin cauldron" are:
Find the largest pumpkin possible, cut a large round opening at the top, and then thoroughly remove all of the "guts". Make sure to scoop and remove all of the stringy stuff and stray seeds. Then spray the inside and outside and the top of the pumpkin with cooking spray. Place them separately on a large, greased cookie sheet. Set the oven to 350 degrees, and bake the pumpkin for 1 hour, until the outside has turned a dark golden orange color. Remove, and promptly add your chili (or soup!). The pumpkin will not only provide a great conversation piece, it will also help to keep the chili warm, and offer a lovely pouf of steam each time the top is opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment