Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Felted Ball Wreath!


Probably my proudest moment in 2010 - I did something crafty!  I have been hanging on to Pickles' instructions for a felted ball wreath for several years.  2010 was finally the year I did it!  Last week, several nights in a row, I sat down for several unsucessful attempts at threading the balls and securing them on the wreath.  Let's just say that those nights ended in my wanting to tear my hair out and throw the wreath across the room.  (There may have even been some tears!).  On my final and successful attempt I decided to screw the needle and thread and used good, ol' reliable HOT GLUE!  Yes, I hot glued (using 23 mini hot glue sticks) 525 of those little felted balls, and it worked perfectly!  I'm so pleased with it!!!  I really wanted to go ahead and hang it out on the front door, but I'm going to wait until after Thanksgiving!

I think it looks even better in person!

I'll post a picture when I have it hanging on my front door!

6 comments:

  1. I love this!!! SO cute Whitney!! Also, I love that necklace you're wearing in your w+o picture. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I borrowed that necklace from my sister, but I think it came from Kate Spade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much hot glue did you use? I really love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wreath Whitney! What a cute idea! I am impressed with your patience to glue 500+ balls on a piece of styrofoam! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from Odessa, Ukraine! Thanks for tutorial, I made the same Christmas ball wreath, just a little bit different.
    http://biruzinka.blogspot.com/2012/12/blog-post_24.html?showComment=1356384937641#c5711431386261452464

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you get your felt balls from?

    ReplyDelete